family meals made easy ™
Taking the stress out of mealtime.
i'm krystyn, a pediatric registered dietitian who believes that everyone should have access to quality nutrition information. While i can't guarantee every meal will be perfect, i can provide you with tips and tricks to decrease stress at mealtimes and help prevent and improve picky eating.
Research has shown that nutrition in the first 1000 days of life is critical for optimal health and development of children, but unfortunately nutrition education is limited. Doctors are given very little education on the subject and are allowed very little time at appointments to review what they do know. This leaves it up to the parents to do their own research to figure out how to do it all with little to no support. Pair that with an overwhelming amount of conflicting information on the internet and it’s no wonder that parents feel stressed and confused. Many parents find themselves with a picky eater and no strategies on how to incorporate more foods into their diet without pressure or bribing (spoiler: these don’t work in the long term). They find themselves making a special meal for their child or being too scared to take them out to meals because they can’t eat anything on the menu. This isn’t positive for the child or the parent. What if there were strategies that you could use that would promote happier mealtimes while exposing your picky eater to new foods? Sound too good to be true?
My goal is to help parents go from overwhelmed and confused to confident and empowered.
What you'll get from this course:
- Confidence: Not only am I a nutrition expert, but I’m also a mom. I walk you through everything with a combination of evidence-based practice and real-life practicality
- Empowerment: I explain the “why” behind the recommendations. You know exactly what to do and why you’re doing it.
- Structure: You don’t need to waste countless hours scrolling the internet trying to put together a plan. Everything is in one place. You have access forever, so you can always refer back.
- Sense of Peace: Mealtime doesn’t need to be a battle. I lay out some of the most common battles I see and provide you with scripts to help avoid these battles (while still providing good nutrition for your child).
Lessons are broken down into short videos with handouts as needed. You can watch them at your own pace and in any order that makes sense to you. You will have access to this course forever, so you can come back and review sections as needed. If anything is added at a later time, you will continue to have access.
- The Mind of a Picky Eater
- Division of Responsibility
- Family Meals
- Getting the Kids Involved
- Common Mealtime Battles
- Fruits and Veggies
- Sweets and Treats
- Getting Everyone on Board
- Reducing Your Stress
- Diet Culture
- When to Get More Help
- Starting Solids Made Easy E-book ($15 value)
- Familiar Foods Handbook ($5 value)
- Getting Kids Involved Printable
- Lunchbox Letter Printable
- Mealtime Conversation Cards
- Fruit and Veggie Exposure Checklist
- Sample Schedules ($5 value)
- Fun with Food E-book ($10 value)
- Nutrients of Concern Printables
- Build a Balanced Plate Guide ($5 value)
OK, but why should you trust me?
i was where you are when i first started feeding my kids but i have a degree in nutrition. This means I could sift through the information and determine what parents needed to know.
I am a pediatric dietitian and lactation consultant who works with parents who are feeling lost when it comes to feeding their children. I provide the information and support you need to determine what will work for your family.
After starting solids with my 2 children, I get how stressful mealtime can be. There is so much information available and it’s hard to tell what’s important. I believe that everyone should have access to quality nutrition education. Unfortunately, most parents are left with a one page handout at the doctor’s office and whatever they can find on the internet. I am passionate that having a healthy relationship with food can have lifelong benefits and want to help parents provide that for their children.
I originally went to school to become an elementary school teacher, but soon found passion in nutrition. I now combine my love of teaching, children, and nutrition by working in pediatric nutrition. I use evidence based information with practical tips that work with real children. I am also the mom of 2 very different children. The strategies that I recommend are rooted in science, but can be adapted to meet the needs of your family. I won’t tell you what to do, but I will explain the why behind my recommendations so that you can figure out what will work with your child best. A random stranger is never going to know your child as well as you do. Families who work with me report feeling more relaxed, empowered, and confident.